By Catherine McCord of Weelicious
Man is it tough to find nut-free school lunch options, especially when nut butters are such an easy lunch box solution, or simply when you have kids who are obsessed with nuts and nut butters! I've been making these Fruit and Seed Bars for my family for years and they're one of the snacks and school lunch treats my kids request most.
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds (also known as Pepitas)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
2 tbsp flax seeds
1 cup dried fruit (blueberries, raisins, currants, cranberries and/or cherries)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup sunflower butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a food processor, pulse the first 6 ingredients until finely chopped (it’s ok if there are few coarsely chopped pieces).
3. Add the honey and sunflower and pulse until starting to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 9 inch pan, grease then line with parchment and press down into the pan until completely even.
4. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Let the bars completely cool before cutting with a serrated knife into bars.
*Cool, place in Ziploc bags, label and freeze. Defrost to room temperature and enjoy!