More TikTok Recipes to Add to Your Repertoire
by Paige McKay
Over the summer, I shared some tasty recipes that I've found on TikTok. Over the last few months, I have added several more recipes to my repertoire from the video app, including soups, pasta, and all kinds of dinner dishes. Here are some more of my favorite recipes from TikTok.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup from nutritionalsarah on TikTok and Instagram
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, all to taste
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, with juice
- 16 ounces unsalted chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can diced green chilies
- Minced garlic, to taste
- 1/2 white onion, chopped (or use the whole onion if you like onions)
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (remove seeds if you don't like spicy, or you can also use the jarred diced jalapenos)
Lay the chicken in the crock pot or slow cooker and season with spices to your liking.
Add corn, tomatoes, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, green chilies, garlic, onion and jalapenos.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4.
If you want a creamier base, add half and half about one hour before serving.
Before serving, shred the chicken. It should fall apart and shred very easily.
Serve topped with sour cream, cheese, green onion, avocado or whatever you'd like!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Dried thyme, to taste (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (4.5 ounce) tube tomato paste
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound rigatoni or penne pasta
- Generous salt for pasta water
- Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (or parmesan, at least 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chopped fresh parsley, to taste
Heat a large pot of water to cook your pasta. While it heats, start making the sauce.
Cook your onion with the olive oil and salt in a large pan over medium heat until translucent and slightly golden. Add black pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and thyme and cook 1-2 more minutes. Add in the garlic.
Add the tomato paste and continue to cook over medium heat for 2-3 more minutes. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula.
Add the vodka; let it simmer briefly before adding the heavy cream. Turn off the heat once the cream simmers for a minute. Use a spoon to remove the garlic cloves that have now infused the sauce.
Salt the pasta water once it's boiling and add in your rigatoni. Cook 2-3 minutes less than the lower number on the package. Use a mug to reserve at least a half cup of pasta water before draining the pasta.
Mix the drained pasta into the pan with the sauce, along with a splash of pasta water and a generous amount of Parmigiano Reggiano and the butter. Return the pan to heat, and let the pasta simmer in the sauce for the last couple minutes of its cook time. Add the parsley and enjoy.
No-Bean Crock Pot Chili - recipe adapted from lowcarbstateofmind on TikTok
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage (optional for if you want it meatier)
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2-3 jalapenos, finely diced (optional depending on preferred spice level)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cubs beef broth
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (more if you like it spicier)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
Brown ground beef and sausage in a pan with dry seasonings to your liking, such as garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, etc. Drain and add to large crock pot.
Add the rest of your ingredients: vegetables, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, more seasonings, bouillon cubes, broth, hot sauce, Worcestershire , cocoa powder and apple cider vinegar. Season more to your liking. I tend to add more dry seasonings and more hot sauce.
Let sit on low all day (6-8 hours) and serve with your favorite toppings and cornbread or Saltine crackers.