Celebrate Super Bowl LV With These Easy Recipes
by Kara Kimbrough
The countdown is on for Super Bowl, Sunday in Tampa, Fla. — the 55th anniversary of football's greatest game!
After Sunday’s Saints’ loss, you may be disappointed. But there’s no reason you can’t enjoy this annual excuse to indulge in plenty of tailgate party foods on February 7th.
From now until then, I’ll share my favorite Super Bowl snacks and decor ideas. Here are two to kick your planning into high gear:
Garlicky Cheesy Ham Sliders
- 12 count package of Hawaiian rolls
- 12 ounces black forest ham, thinly sliced and then shredded
- 4 ounce sliced provolone cheese
- 4 ounces sliced Mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounce package soft garlic and herbs cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a two quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Using a serrated knife, carefully slice across the rolls, horizontally. Once sliced, keep the rolls connected to each other and lift the entire top section off the bottom section.
Add the bottom section of the rolls to the prepared baking dish, and spread half of the garlic and herbs cheese over the cut side. Spread the remaining half of the cheese over the cut side of the top section.
Top the bottom section with the shredded sliced ham, then with the slices of cheese. Add the top section of the rolls and set aside.
In a small saucepan, add butter, shallots, parsley, mustard and garlic and melt over medium heat until well combined. Stir well, then pour carefully over the top of the rolls in the baking dish.
Cover loosely with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until roll tops are golden brown and cheese is melted.
5 Minute Homemade Salsa
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes , drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt , or more, to taste
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons canned jalapeño peppers
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until no large chunks remain.
Taste and adjust seasonings if needed,
For best flavor, refrigerate salsa for at least one to two hours before serving. Store in the fridge for up to one week.